God Mode 2: 3D GLSL Foundations
If you’ve ever wanted to create mind-bending 3D visual graphics, you’ve probably run up against GLSL code and felt lost. GLSL doesn’t have to be hard. In this follow up workshop to the popular God Mode with GLSL workshop, we continue our journey of GLSL into the 3D world, in particular all the different ways of working with the GLSL MAT inside of TouchDesigner.
- Over 1.5 hours of HD video
- Project files of all components made
- Learn about the vertex shader and it's place in the GPU pipeline
- Learn how to use a GLSL MAT in TouchDesigner
- Manipulate geometry with a vertex shader
- Pass data between vertex and pixel shaders
- Texture geometry in a vertex shader
- Displace points using 2D textures
- Visualize Kinect 2 point cloud with a vertex shader
- Beginner familiarity with TouchDesigner
- Familiarity with basic GLSL concepts (should ideally have done God Mode with GLSL training)
"Elburz is a master, and as a teacher he uniquely takes on the seemingly mundane but ultimately very important micro lessons woven into the macro techniques which makes for a highly productive and holistic approach to learning. His attention to detail, sense of humor, and worldly perspective on the industry makes him a perfect teacher."
Elburz is the Immersive Technical Director of zero11zero, lead of nVoid division, and is one of the leading authorities on TouchDesigner.
He has worked on product launches, permanent installations, and worldwide tours with clients like Google, Kanye West, Giorgio Armani, Burj Khalifa, VISA, Nike, US Open, TIFF, American Express, Seattle Art Museum, Cannes Lions, Axwell & Ingrosso, Verizon, McDonalds, IBM, and many more. Elburz has lead teams across the world from Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Montreal, Toronto, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, Bangkok, Dubai, Scotland, and Paris.